Course Packet Information
The Division of University Communications offers copyright clearance services to assist faculty and staff reproduce copyrighted works in compliance with University policy and copyright law. DER contacts the copyright holders of the materials, obtain permission, and make arrangements for royalty payments. There is no cost for this service.
For more information regarding copyright permission or determining Fair Use, see the condensed version of Copyright Guidelines for Classroom and General University Use.
Timeframe to Get Copyright Permission
Generally speaking, allow eight weeks for DER to obtain copyright permission. Some copyright holders use the Copyright Clearance Center in Atlanta to manage clearances electronically. Other copyright holders may not work through the clearance center, so rights holders (i.e., publishers, authors) have to be contacted directly for permissions.
- Printing course packets cost faculty nothing – costs are absorbed by students who purchase the packets
- Online ordering
- Free pick-up and delivery of manuscripts
- Colored paper to identify special sections or pages
- Plastic spiral, three-hole drill or tape binding
- Tab dividers
- Delivery of student packets to CSU Bookstore at Lory Student Center. Packets are stocked with textbooks for the same course.